Pages

Friday, August 5, 2011

1000 Per Day

It’s a good goal. I need to break out of my writing slump and kick myself back into working my craft. If I commit to writing 1000 words each day, am I asking too much of myself or too little? Some days I can easily rattle off 2000 words. Most days, for the last nine months, I don’t rattle off a thing. I miss being in my Noble Writers writing group. I miss the one in Red Bank too, though it was Wendy that stopped those meetings and refused to let me help her get them going again. The group at the library turned into only two people, and those two spent more time chatting than writing. The other library group seemed cliquey… and unfocused… but with a strong leader... despite the weakness of the writers in the group. Just not a good fit I guess...

So it’s been nine months since I did any consistent writing. 1000 per day: that’s my new goal. Let’s see how far I can get with that. Not here of course. This is a blog; not my most creative forum. But I will try to keep up with this as well, to self-monitor, self-appraise, and to keep a record of what’s going on behind the scenes when I write.

Health Update: Bronchitis gone but still coughing, albeit productively. I’m still having trouble walking after any period of being stationary. This is only the third day that I’m off my statin, but if that was the root then I was hoping to see some improvement by now. If I see nothing after a week, I’m going to have to see the dern rheumatologist. Drat.

No comments:

Post a Comment